He was involved in a lot of things he should not have been involved in, but he was just a kid.
— Senior Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Abigail J. Owens
• Case: Aug. 26 murder of Lincoln Lamar Williams Jr., 18. Mr. Williams got shot in the face outside of his home at 5042 Old Auburn Mill Road, about five miles east of Warrenton. He died later that night in Fauquier Hospital.
• Defendant: Daniel Martin Farmer, 25, of Nokesville.
• Charges: First-degree murder, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, robbery and conspiracy to commit robbery.
• Jury trial: July 12-14 in Fauquier County Circuit Court.
• Verdicts: Guilty on all four counts.
• Sentences: 25 years for murder, 10 for conspiracy, 5 for robbery and 3 for use of a firearm.
• Prosecutors: Senior Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorneys Abigail J. Owens and Amy Cassandra.
• Defense attorney: Robert V. Bryan Jr. of Fairfax.
• Judge: James P. Fisher
• Jury: Seven men and five women deliberated 2-1/2 hours Wednesday to reach verdicts.
• Next: Judge will impose sentences at 10 a.m. Monday, Oct. 25.