Part of the audience of about 100 at Saturday morning’s Saturday.
Dr. Michael Blakey, a College of William & Mary anthropology professor, addresses the audience.
Everything we did in our lives involved the school, because the school was not just school, it was a community.
— Former Rosenwald School student Linda M. White
Historical Marker Ceremony
• What: Dedication of marker commemorating Fauquier’s eight blacks-only Rosenwald Schools.
• Where: Eva Walker Park, Alexandria Pike, Warrenton
• When: 10 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 3; reception followed at First Baptist Church’s Family Life Center at 43 Alexandria Pike.
• Length: About an hour and 15 minutes.
• Turnout: About 100.
• Speakers: Dr. Michael Blakey, College of William & Mary anthropology professor; Jerry Klinger, president of Jewish American Society of Historic Preservation.
• Host: Afro-American Historical Association of Fauquier County, The Plains.
Please, be polite. Avoid name-calling and profanity.
For credibility, sign your real name; stand behind your comments. Readers will give less credence to anonymous posts.