The forums will take place on consecutive Wednesday nights Sept. 18, Sept. 25 and Oct. 2.
Fauquier organizations and media will conduct a series of three candidate forums leading to the Nov. 5 elections.
The first forum will take place from 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18, at Liberty High School in Bealeton.
It will feature candidates for the 31st and 88th District seats in the Virginia House of Delegates and the 27th District seat in the state Senate:
• Elizabeth Guzman (D) and D.J. Jordan (R) in the 31st.
• Mark Cole (R ) and Jessica Foster (D) in the 88th.
• Jill Vogel (R) and Ronnie Ross (D) in the 27th District Senate race.
Local journalists will ask questions, including those from citizens the night of the forum or by email in advance.
On Wednesday, Sept. 25, a forum at the Marshall Community Center will feature candidates for the 18th District in the Virginia House of Delegates and for Marshall District supervisor:
• Michael Webert (R) and Laura Galante (D) in the 18th.
• Mary Leigh McDaniel (I) and Paul Petrauskas (I) for the supervisor seat.
On Wednesday, Oct. 2, a forum at Taylor Middle School in Warrenton will feature the candidates for three contested school board seats and for commissioner of revenue:
• Rachael Bongiovi and Susan Pauling for the Center District school board seat.
• Donald Mason and Stephanie Litter-Reber for the Lee District school board seat.
• Suzanne Sloane, Shelly Norden and Michael Hammond for the Scott District school board seat.
• Eric Maybach (R) and Angela Smith (I) for commissioner of revenue.
The Fauquier Chamber of Commerce, Fauquier Farm Bureau, Fauquier County Bar Association, Fauquier Now, Fauquier Times and Fauquier Channel One will conduct the forums.
The forums will not include unopposed candidates. Voters this year will elect all five county supervisors, all five school board members, four constitutional officers — commonwealth’s attorney, county commissioner of revenue, sheriff and treasurer — and all state legislators.