After they argued over prescription drugs, including oxycodone, Ashton D. Berry last year drowned his sister in a wading pool at the home they shared near Warrenton.
Berry Murder Case
• What: Sept. 1, 2018, murder in an inflatable wading pool at 6739 Riley Road, northeast of Warrenton.
• Victim: Angie A. Walls, 53.
• Court: Fauquier County Circuit.
• Defendant: Ashton Dunlap Berry, 52.
• Charge: Mr. Berry on Thursday afternoon pleaded guilty in Fauquier County Circuit Court to a reduced charge of second-degree murder in the drowning death of his sister. He faces 5 to 40 years in prison. He originally had been charged with first-degree murder, which carries a penalty of 20 years to life behind bars.
• Prosecutors: Senior Commonwealth’s Attorneys Abigail Owens and Charles Peters.
• Defense lawyers: Deputy Public Defender Kevin Gerrity and Public Defender Lorie O’Donnell.
• Judge: Jeffrey W. Parker.
• Next: Mr. Berry will be sentenced Aug. 15.
Please, be polite. Avoid name-calling and profanity.
For credibility, sign your real name; stand behind your comments. Readers will give less credence to anonymous posts.