• Complete the online portion of the registration.
Between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. any day April 5 to 9, a parent or guardian should visit the school the child will attend. Some schools may require the child’s presence at the time of registration. So, check with the school. The following documents should be presented:
• Photo ID of parent/guardian.
• Original birth certificate. (If not, an affidavit may be completed explaining why the birth certificate is not available)
• Custody papers, if applicable.
• A Commonwealth of Virginia School Entrance Health Form signed by a physician. This form must include a current immunization record and must be dated within one year of the enrollment date. This must be submitted to the school nurse for review before the first day of school.
• Two forms of proof of residency (housing contract, rental agreement, property tax bill, deed, mortgage statement, or utility bill). A driver’s license is not acceptable proof of residency.
If your child’s registration is completed before July 1, you will also be required to complete the annual online registration in the summer. After July 1, kindergarten and annual registration are completed at the same time.
Additional information may be obtained by calling your child’s school:
• Bradley, 540-422-7510
• Brumfield, 540-422-7530
• Coleman, 540-422-7550
• Greenville, 540-422-7570
• Miller, 540-422-7590
• Pearson, 540-422-7610
• Pierce, 540-422-7630
• Ritchie, 540-422-7650
• Smith, 540-422-7670
• Thompson, 540-422-7690
• Walter, 540-422-7710
Parents who need help in a language other than English to register their child may call 540-422-7118.
Si necesita asistencia en español para matricular a su hijo, llame 540-422-7118.